Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grenville in winter

There is a bridge on the Quebec and Ontario border that connects
to the city of Hawkesbury , Ontario on the otherside. I've often tra-
veled to Hawkesbury in search of subjects to paint .I could see ,while
crossing the bridge on my wayback home, a village and a church that
is near the riverbank .One day , curiosity attracted me to this little
village called¨Grenville sur la rouge ¨. Rode past the church and rea-
lised that there was not much to see . There stood this old church
and across the street there was a lock and another street that
bordered each side of the river . The river was frozen and you could
feel the cold in the air . It was a very beautiful january day, the sun
was shining bright . By the time I installed my painting kit , my
hands were frozen and I could not open my paint tubes . Luckily my
car wasn't far away for me to warm my hands . The problem with
painting in winter is that you need your hands to paint so it is very
difficult to paint with gloves on . Anyway , it took a while to get
started but I was happy with the result . The snow on the ground
made it a bit difficult because the sun reflected on the snow and I
had to tone it down a bit to harmonise the color scheme of the
painting. It was a near -20° C that day and I was happy but tired
of my journey . Grenville in winter is a 9x12" oil painting on board.

For purchase info : marioantinozzi@yahoo.com

No comments: