Saturday, December 27, 2008

For sale ?

I remember when I started painting twenty years ago , I
wasn't expecting my work to evolve as it has today .The
reason that I started painting was to encourage my mother
to paint .She had been painting for several years but needed
someone to motivate her to continue on painting.I had bought
my painting kit a few years before and was waiting for
retirment to start painting .I was off from work because I
had a hernia at that time and needed to rest.I had time to
spare and I thought , why not try to paint . I said to my
mom ¨If you continue on painting , I will paint with you
and we will do an exhibition of our work , a year from now.
I was saying that to motivate her and didn't think possible
for me to paint at all then . I finally realized that I liked
painting and it was easy for me to paint .The next year , we
managed to offer an exhibition of both our work and it was a
success .We invited our friends to come and my boss came along
too . She liked what I did and came to see me . There was a
painting I did of an old barn and a winding road .On the barn
you could read ¨For sale ¨.The property was for sale and I
thought that that was a good name for a painting so I called it
¨For sale¨. My boss was interested in a painting but I felt that
she was embarassed and wanted to tell me something . I asked her
what was the problem .She looked around and said ¨Is this the only
painting that is for sale ? She thought that it was the only painting
I had for sale and didn't realize it was the name I had given to
this painting. We found this amusing and laught about it .

No comments: